NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TO CLYLP'S ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIPS
DEADLINE TO APPLY TO ALL SCHOLARSHIPS IS July 7, 2017
CLYLP Scholarships are available to alumni throughout the various stages of their academic careers. The Roberto Gracia and Sal Castro Memorial Scholarship are offered every year, and other scholarship opportunities may arise throughout the year with new partnerships. Alumni are encouraged to continuously check this page.
The following SCHOLARSHIP opportunities are available to CLYLP Alumni only:
INTRODUCING THE CLYLP COCA-COLA FIRSTGEN SCHOLARSHIP
In honor of CLYLP’s 35th anniversary, the Coca-Cola Foundation and CLYLP are proudly partnering to invest in California’s future leaders by establishing the CLYLP Coca-Cola FirstGen Scholarship. Approximately $35,000 in scholarships will be awarded to CLYLP alumni who are the first in their families to attend college. Ten (10) The award recipients will be honored at the CLYLP 35th Anniversary Banquet in Sacramento, in July, 2017.
| ROBERTO GRACIA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Robert Gracia Memorial Scholarship is named after one of the CLYLP’s most dedicated volunteers who was committed to developing the leadership potential of California’s youth. The scholarship is awarded annually to incoming freshman, transfer and graduate students based on academic strength and financial need.
SAL CASTRO MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Sal Castro Memorial Scholarship was established in 2013 to honor civil rights leader and long-time CLYLP volunteer Sal Castro. Mr. Castro was a fervent education activist whose mission was to awaken the leadership spirit of every youth he encountered. His role in the Chicano student walkouts of 1968 highlighted the inequalities and discrimination in the Los Angeles educational system. Sal was a devoted CLYLP volunteer, he was one of CLYLP's longest running speakers at the Sacramento Leadership Conference (SLC). One scholarship will be awarded each year to a CLYLP alum pursuing a career in education.
Applicants must fulfill ALL of the following requirements to be eligible for the CLYLP Alumni Scholarships:
- Be an alumni of CLYLP (by having completed at least one of the following programs: CLYLP Sacramento Leadership Conference, CLYLP San Joaquin Valley Institute, CLYLP Los Angeles Institute or CLYLP Bay Area Institute)
- Will be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited community college or university for Fall of 2017 (recent high school graduates planning to enroll in college Fall 2017 are eligible to apply to all scholarships)
- Graduate students are eligible to apply to the Roberto Gracia and Sal Castro Memorial Scholarships
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- CLYLP Coca-Cola FirstGen Scholarship: Must be part of the first generation of your immediate family to attend college and a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen. Open only to students pursuing undergraduate degrees.
- Roberto Gracia Memorial Scholarship: Demonstrate financial need. Open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Sal Castro Memorial Scholarship: Intend to pursue a career in education. Open to undergraduate and graduate students.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Completed applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on Friday, July 7, 2017.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information or questions please contact: email@example.com.