Alumni Internship Program
The CLYLP Alumni Internship program offers college-aged CLYLP alumni an opportunity to gain work experience, mentorship, and an outlet to contribute to CLYLP and its mission to developing California’s future leaders. Interns take part in the behind the scene efforts to plan and execute CLYLP’s seven programs across the state while learning skills in event planning, program support fundraising, communications, and public relations.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM COMPONENTS
Under the direction of the CLYLP Board President, interns work one-on-one with Board Members and Leadership Team members on specific projects ranging from fundraising to communications and public relations. CLYLP Interns will be assigned a mentor on the Board who will provide guidance, professional advice and an opportunity to cultivate a close working relationship.
Throughout the year, interns will work with different Board Members who lead key functions and programs of the organization. Some of the rotating Intern assignments include:
- Communications – assist PR team in the drafting of letters, press releases, alumni spotlights, and assist with management of database, website content and social media campaigns.
- Fundraising- work with Board Officers on donations records, assist with alumni or regional events, and assist Board President with donor acknowledgement campaign.
- Program Support - support Board Members and Officers by responding to email and phone inquiries, meeting preparation, program development and other Board business and program staffing.
PROGRAM DATES AND LOCATION:
The Internship lasts for one full CLYLP calendar cycle (January to December). Students do not have to live in Sacramento. Assignments will be completed remotely. Past interns have completed their internship while attending colleges across the country.
Because CLYLP is operated a volunteer network that spans the entire state, interns must have excellent communication skills to keep the programs connected. Interns must also:
- Be able to intern for one full calendar year (January-December)
- Be available to work a minimum of 4 hours a week on designated project(s) and correspond with mentor via email on a regular basis.
- Be available to participate on conference calls, as needed.
- Comply with CLYLP policies regarding work performance and personal conduct.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the CLYLP Alumni Internship:
- Be an alumni of CLYLP (includes Sacramento Leadership Conference, Los Angeles Institute or San Joaquin Valley Institute)
- Be enrolled in college full or part time, working towards an undergraduate degree.
- Possess strong analytical and writing skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Be actively participating in other public and/or community service activities.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Applications for the CLYLP Alumni Internship are typically released between November and February. Applicants must complete an application and submit a current resume. All completed applications are reviewed by members of the CLYLP Board of Directors.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.